Title: Senior Associate/Vice President
Location: New York
Position Summary: The Senior Associate/Vice President will be an important member of a small team and will support the finance team and focus on activities related to financial reporting and valuation across the fund’s credit and equity investments.
Position will be accountable for assisting with quarterly valuations of portfolio companies and portfolio monitoring.
Assist with the preparation of quarterly valuations:
- Prepare quarterly valuations of illiquid securities across a variety of asset classes included senior debt, warrants, common equity and preferred equity.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve processes for data collection, tracking changes and timely communication of information.
- Complete activities surrounding the year end valuation audits, third party valuation reviews, and other various audit inquiries regarding processes and conclusions.
- Collaborate with the Internal Finance Team for timely reporting of changes in the value of the total portfolio.
- Assist with the preparation of valuation materials for presentation to valuation and audit committees.
Assist with investment performance reporting:
- Prepare various reports and analyses to monitor investment performance of the fund’s portfolio companies.
- Assist Investor Relations and Internal Finance team with the creation of fundraising materials and client presentations that incorporate (i) investment analytics and (ii) performance metrics.
- Create executive management reporting and dashboards to report and summarize performance.
- Maintain the firm’s iLevel cloud-based reporting platform and ensure quality data input.
- 3-5 years of valuation experience within a consulting organization, public accounting firm or an alternative investment firm required.
- Sound understanding of valuation principles and basic credit risk metrics.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office products is required.
- Experience with CapitalIQ and Pitchbook strongly preferred.
- Experience with iPreo/iLevel highly desirable.
- Highly motivated, intelligent with the ability and desire to make an immediate positive impact.
- Proactive, thoughtful and articulate. Able to work independently efficiently with minimal guidance when necessary.
- Attention to Detail: the ability to be thorough and accurate on all areas of a project or task, no matter how small.
- Flexibility to multi-task and take on a range of responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral presentations.
- Ability to work intimately as a member of a small team.
Salary range: $100,000 – $150,000
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties or complete projects outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and/or directed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com